Are there any GDC builds available for Windows?

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 19:10:03 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 8 April 2021 at 02:29:41 UTC, Preetpal wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 April 2021 at 02:22:41 UTC, Preetpal wrote:
>>>
>>> The PATH needs to include the normal mingw64 bin path as well
>>> as the path for gdc.
>>
>> Well I do have mingw64 on my path, but his build does not
>> work. I might try to build GDC from source at a later time to
>> test the release.
>
> To be clear, I tried it with mingw64 on my path and with a
> clean environment (running command prompt without mingw64 on my
> path).

These are the steps you need to follow:

1. Download MSYS2 (https://www.msys2.org/) or "choco install
msys2" if you have chocolatey

2. Start msys2 and paste the following:
wget
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Imperatorn/7d37f22140ea5b2c80dee5a86ffff2a3/raw/761ea945c28586f5c6bbc2e09d93a27383701da8/build.sh && ./build.sh

3. Wait :)

4. Pray...

5. Celebrate!? The build script has hopefully run and will open
the bin directory with explorer