gdc for rv32&64

Mahdi ubuntulove74 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 07:08:09 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 17 August 2021 at 20:39:29 UTC, max haughton wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 August 2021 at 18:39:27 UTC, Mahdi wrote:
>> On Monday, 16 August 2021 at 10:05:08 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Why does a simple or empty Hello program generate a lot of
>> assembly output for the risc-v architecture, but not for the
>> ARM and X86 architectures?
>
> Need an example.

A helloworld program on the X86_64-pc-linux-gnu platform contains
40 lines of assembly code or on the ARM (aarch64-linux-gnu)
platform only 34 lines of assembly code, but on the
risc-v(riscv64-unknow-gnu-linux) platform contains 871 lines of
code on the explore.dgnu.org site!

I'm concerned that this will affect the performance of the risc-v
platform.