GCC Update

Salih Dincer salihdb at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 20 08:03:45 UTC 2022

I'm trying to use GDC and I have GCC installed on my system. When
I type GCC --version, I get this result:

> gcc (Debian 8.3.0-6) 8.3.0
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
> There is NO
> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Then I installed GDC with the command:
> sudo apt install gdc

Immediately after, I got the following warnings:

> The following additional packages will be installed:
>  gdc-8 libgphobos-8-dev libgphobos-dev libgphobos76 zlib1g-dev
>  gdc gdc-8 libgphobos-8-dev libgphobos-dev libgphobos76
> zlib1g-dev
> 0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 0 to remove and 67 not upgraded.
> Need to get 21.2 MB of archives.
> After this operation, 131 MB of additional disk space will be
> used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Yeah, GDC is installed on my system now. But when I did a test
and ran it, it wrote on my screen:

```d
/*--------------------------------------------------
~/Documents/Ddili$ gdc -c dVer.d
user at debian:~/Documents/Ddili$ ./a.out
D Compiler v2.068
```

According to my take the impression I should use the command:

> sudo apt autoremove

I guess my apt repositories are too old! Any suggestions for an
update?

SDB at 79