Any plans for GDC to get DMD's -i option?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Thu Jul 28 09:28:52 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 24 July 2022 at 00:07:06 UTC, TTK Ciar wrote:
> Hello GDC folks,
>
> I am using GDC 12.1.0 and not finding any equivalent to DMD's
> "-i" option, which causes DMD to automatically find and compile
> imported modules.  (There's "-I" but that does something rather
> different.)
>
> I've looked in "gdc --help=d" and "man gdc" to no avail, and
> looked through the latest gdmd (from
> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDMD) but it does not
> appear to support -i.
>
> Does anyone know if this functionality will be available in the
> next version of GDC?  If it's going to materialize in the next
> year or so I can tough it out, but if it's not I'm inclined to
> write a wrapper.

It would be best to raise an issue so can keep track of feature
requests.

https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=gcc&component=d&version=13.0

Supporting -i on its own might be fine (needs a better name
though), the pattern matching variant less so.  IMO dub should
more than capable of doing this instead.