error: matching constraint references invalid operand number

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Sat Mar 5 10:04:43 UTC 2022

On Friday, 4 March 2022 at 23:33:12 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> GCC doesn't have constraints for registers %r8 .. %15.  As D
> doesn't have register variables either, you'll have to set-up
> r10 in the instruction string.
> ```
> asm {
>   "mov %[rem], %%r10; syscall"
>   : "=a" (ret_code)
>   : "a" (230), "D" (clock), "S" (flags), "d" (req), [rem] "r"
> (rem)
>   : "memory", "rcx", "r10", "r11";
> }
> ```

Thank you! This will do the trick! Do you happen to know if D
plans to add "registers" in the future or if it has been
suggested but was rejected?

Also, how can I see the D specific options for GDC? Thinks like
how to set "versions", options like the "-fno-druntime" and other
specific D stuff as I'll I'm seeing in the "--help" message are
options that are general and the output is in general the same as
GCC.