How to turn off warnings as errors

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Mon May 23 09:30:11 UTC 2022

Excerpts from rikki cattermole via D.gnu's message of Mai 22, 2022 7:18 am:

> On 22/05/2022 3:42 PM, Chris Piker wrote:
>> As a general bit of dev-culture advice, would you recommend that I file
>> issues on packages that only build using `-Wno-deprecated` ?
>
> You can do that, but usually the reason it is like that is because
> nobody has worked on the project in a while and you could be waiting
> forever more if you don't file a PR for it.
>
>> Also, is there a way to compile gdc itself such that it's behavior is
>> closer to dmd's when it comes to deprecated features?  The
>> `--disable-werror` configure flag looks like it only affects behavior
>> while building the compiler itself.
>
> Dub adds the flag for warnings as errors. Its not a bug, that is a
> feature. This applies for all compilers.

It looks like this is correct as per the documentation of dub.

https://github.com/dlang/dub/wiki/DEP1#build-requirements

You either have disallowDeprecations or silenceDeprecations.  There is
no build option for allowing deprecations.

Iain.