Instruct gdc to look for standard library in another directory

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Sat Jul 1 10:18:43 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 1 July 2023 at 06:53:02 UTC, Johann wrote:
> I have both `ldc` and `gdc` install on my OpenSUSE tumbleweed
> machine.
>
>` Without `ldc-runtime-devel`, `gdc` is able to compile
> successfully.

[--snip--]

> How may I fix it? I tried to use "-I" and "-B" option, but to
> no avail.

Looks like ldc [might be too
old](https://packagehub.suse.com/packages/ldc/1_29_0-bp155_3_26/)?

Regardless, I'd ask the package maintainers why they are putting
compiler-dependent sources in /usr/include/d.

Actually, just any D sources in `/usr/include` has always seemed
dubious to me.

i.e: On my system...

- Ada "includes" are installed into `/usr/share/ada/adainclude`
- Go "includes" are installed into `/usr/share/gocode/src`
- Rust "includes" are installed into `/usr/share/cargo/registry`
- Haskell "includes" are installed into
`/usr/lib/haskell-packages`
- Ocaml "includes" are installed into `/usr/lib/ocaml`

Is it too much to ask downstream package maintainers to politely
use `/usr/share/dlang/{ldc,dmd}` ? :-)