Xtensa support

Witold Baryluk witold.baryluk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 07:25:07 UTC 2024

On Friday, 12 April 2024 at 23:16:30 UTC, Matheus Catarino wrote:
> I've recently seen support for different target architectures
> on https://explore.dgnu.org .
> What is the status of Xtensa and xtensa-gnu support? Does it
> support both xtensa ABIs (call0 and windowed)?
>
> Currently there is a need to fork espressif/LLVM when using
> ldc2. Is there a need to fork espressif crosstool-ng?

It works. I successfully run some code with it with gdc few years
ago. But it is quite a work to map either reimplement all the
APIs in D from scratch, but it can be done as everything is
reasonably well documented. I only had some basic stuff like
GPIO, very little of timers and uart. So no networking (possibly,
but I had other things to do) or other stuff.

As of xtensa ABIs I have no idea. I didn't use espressif
libraries. Should be possible tho.