gdc latest Cygwin

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 01:49:47 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 2 January 2024 at 00:07:39 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Might not be best to wait for me to port it, as anything on
> Windows tends to get sidetracked given that I have no access to
> any machine running it.

I have an obsolete 32-bit Windows 7 preinstalled on a single-core
Atom 1.66GHz netbook with 1GB RAM collecting dust somewhere in my
closet. So I'm surely in a somewhat better position than you when
it comes to having access to machines running Windows. But it's
hardly suitable for developing any modern software on it
nowadays. Github CI jobs support Windows and that's what I'm
realistically using for testing my DUB packages on this platform.

> The bulk of the work is really in adding CRuntime_Newlib
> support to upstream druntime, then there should be nothing
> blocking you from building the library.

Thanks for giving the Windows users this hint. It's much better
than the radio silence.