Yet another effort at translating the Win32 API headers

Stewart Gordon Stewart_member at pathlink.com
Sat Apr 1 14:49:59 PST 2006

In article <e0k1g0$du9$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Don Clugston says...
> Stewart Gordon wrote:
>> I'm inclined that there are the following versions for the end
>> programmer to concern him/herself with:
>>
>> - for Windows 9x compatibility: Windows98, WindowsME, WindowsNTonly
>> - for Windows NT compatibility: Windows2000, WindowsXP, Windows2003
>> - for IE compatibility: IE3, IE4, IE401, IE5, IE501, IE6
>>
>> which should be mapped to internal versions based on the above
>> list.
>
> This sounds right to me.  Are there any which are based on service
> packs?  (eg XP SP2, which seemed to involve big changes to the OS?)

There have indeed been some API features added in service packs.
However, these service packs don't tend to be included in the
headers.  Rather, I think they just go in as being in the next major
Windows version up.

> Anyway, I've converted winerror.h (using Excel this time, since it
> was so repetitive!).  I think you'll like this one, I spent some
> time sorting the values.

The web interface (with my being away from my usual workstation) is
playing up so I can't download the attachment at the mo.  But I'll
have a look as soon as I can.

> How about setting up a repository for this?  Maybe resurrect one of
> the dead dsource projects which was attempting to do exactly this.
> D.announce is a terrible place to be submitting files to!

I thought about that a while ago.  However, I can't really do it
simply because I haven't been able to get SVN to work on my Mac.  It
appears to be a problem with my Internet connection - the error is
400 Bad Request IIRC.  I've tried to find a solution but had no luck.
The only SVN repository I've found that works for me is the backup of
DStress.

Stewart.