Yet another effort at translating the Win32 API headers

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 06:45:49 PDT 2006

Stewart Gordon wrote:
<snip>
> There are numerous other versioning #ifdefs in the C headers.  How many
> of them do we really need?  I'm in the process of rounding up a list of
> them....

Here's the list of versions that we _might_ want to keep in:

DIRECT3D_VERSION
ODBCVER

COBJMACROS
DESC_CHAR_UNICODE
INITGUID
MCI_USE_OFFEXT
NEC_98
ODBC_STD
OLE2ANSI
PROXY_CLSID
PROXY_CLSID_IS
PROXY_DELEGATION
REGISTER_PROXY_DLL
RPC_UNICODE_SUPPORTED
SERVERONLY
SH3
SNMPSTRICT
UNDER_CE
UNICODE_ONLY
USE_STUBLESS_PROXY
WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
XFree86Server
_FIX_ENABLEMODELESS_CONFLICT
__COMPILING_LARGEINT
__USE_NTOSKRNL__
__USE_W32_SOCKETS
__W32API_USE_DLLIMPORT__

The first two of these identify versions in much the same way as
_WIN32_WINDOWS and _WIN32_WINNT do, and so probably want to be treated
in a similar way.

And I'm not sure if the largeint stuff is necessary at all.  I suppose
there's no point in translating largeint.h, as it's all stuff that D has
built in.  But do we need to keep the LARGE_INTEGER and ULARGE_INTEGER
structures (defined in winnt.h) for compatibility?

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.