On processors for D ~ decoupling

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Fri Apr 7 01:25:45 PDT 2006

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:05:02 +1000, Walter Bright
<newshound at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> If you want to use a system that for some reason can't have C's IO
> subsystem, then just include the one liner:
>
> extern (C) int printf(char* f, ...) { return 0; }
>
> somewhere in your code, and it's gone.

So I did this, and it reduced the object size by 118 bytes. However, it
still seems all the C I/O system is linked in as the only difference was
that _vprintf was not linked in. Every other symbol was still linked.

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia