On processors for D ~ decoupling

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Fri Apr 7 09:15:34 PDT 2006

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> kris wrote:
>
>>> BTW, internal\dmain2.d also uses printf to print out an error message
>>> relating to any uncaught exceptions.
>>
>> I had not forgotton it. There's a time for that one also.
>
> Maybe then the bug with it printing to the wrong stream can be fixed ?
>
> Errors should be printed on stderr (fprintf), not on stdout (printf)...

An easy change.  Just use fprintf and specify stderr as the output file.
  Replacing printf entirely with something a bit less complex would be
quite easy as well, as the error messages are just strings--there's no
need for all the fancy stuff printf does.  I'll do this at some point
for the DMD runtime in Ares, but no one's complained about it yet so
I've put it off for now.

Sean