Xgl, wow!

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Fri Apr 7 23:12:08 PDT 2006

Georg Wrede wrote:
> But, it's cool, sure. Still, I wonder if anybody over 30 finds it useful
> at work.

I doubt it (I'm well over 30 <g>). What's a real productivity booster
for me is bigger screens, more pixels. Sharper fonts are better, too.

I couldn't care less about special effects on the UI.

If Microsoft wants my Vista $$, the feature I want is to not be able to
surreptitiously install a rootkit. Oh, and a way to reinstall the
operating system (when it does get rootkitted anyway) without
reinstalling all my apps.

Because of the rootkit problem, I've resigned myself to not only do
regular backups, but regular reinstalls of Windows, whether or not there
are any symptoms of a rootkit.