DMD 0.154 release

John C johnch_atms at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 10:45:53 PDT 2006

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Deewiant wrote:
>
>> John C wrote:
>>
>>> It's just a shame Consolas isn't widely available yet (and requires
>>> ClearType to do it justice - which is fine by me, I can't stand looking
>>> at a screen without ClearType turned on anyway).
>>

>> My eyes start hurting if I look at a screen _with_ ClearType turned on
>> for too
>> long. I suppose it's because it's designed for LCD screens and I've
>> always used
>> a CRT.
>

> It doesn't even look good on all LCDs.  Not sure why, but ClearType
> looks blurry on mine.
>

> Sean

Have you got the ClearType tuning applet? It installs into the Windows
Control Panel and allows you to fine-tune the sub-pixel rendering to
make it sharper or softer.
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.mspx

There's also a third-party app that does a simlar job
http://www.ioisland.com/cleartweak/