Build v2.10

dickl dick221z at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 15 08:02:44 PDT 2006

There seems to be a problem linking Windows code which contains a
resource file.

The problem is with linker .ksp file which is created. The resource file
is not specified in the right place for the linker.

The new version of build creates the .ksp file like so
foo.obj + foo.res
foo.exe
foo.map
gdi32.lib
foo.def
/noi/map

According to the OPTLINK docs the .ksp file should look like this
foo.obj
foo.exe
foo.map
gdi32.lib
foo.def
foo.res
/noi/map

A 2nd problem, which I haven't investigated further as yet is that all
the additional libraries specified in the source code using pragma
statements do not appear in the .ksp, so the linker complains about
undefined symbols.

dick
(also Melbourne - FL)