A new lame UI toolkit for D

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Apr 18 04:38:21 PDT 2006

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> Hello, I am a newbie with D, and I wrote a little binding for the IUP free
> multiplatform (windows/unix) toolkit.

Looks good, only problems (like you noted) with IUP from the Lua guys
is it uses Motif on Unix, and that the Mac port is old and abandoned.

Then again DWT only works on the Windows platform at the moment, so...
wxWidgets works on all, but like you mentioned it's a lot bigger too.

However, IUP does "work" on the Mac - if you accept using X11 that is:
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/iup-motif.png (using Lesstif, think I did)

But IUP having a GTK+ driver for Linux and a Carbon driver for Macintosh
would be awesome. When coupled with Lua, it's a nice small UI toolkit...

--anders