A new lame UI toolkit for D

Roberto Alsina Roberto_member at pathlink.com
Tue Apr 18 07:11:14 PDT 2006

In article <e22j3d$2khg$1 at digitaldaemon.com>,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= says...

>Roberto Alsina wrote:
>
>> Hello, I am a newbie with D, and I wrote a little binding for the IUP free
>> multiplatform (windows/unix) toolkit.
>
>Looks good, only problems (like you noted) with IUP from the Lua guys
>is it uses Motif on Unix, and that the Mac port is old and abandoned.
>
>Then again DWT only works on the Windows platform at the moment, so...
>wxWidgets works on all, but like you mentioned it's a lot bigger too.
>

>However, IUP does "work" on the Mac - if you accept using X11 that is:
>http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/iup-motif.png (using Lesstif, think I did)

I can imagine how the average Mac user would feel when faced with that image :-)

>But IUP having a GTK+ driver for Linux and a Carbon driver for Macintosh
>would be awesome. When coupled with Lua, it's a nice small UI toolkit...

Well, I am starting to hack a Qt4 backend for IUP so that should make it work on
Mac/Win/Linux with a decent L&F.

Of course it's a much larger task, so it's not like it's going to be ready
tomorrow.