Yet another effort at translating the Win32 API headers

DBloke DBloke at NoSpam.org
Fri Apr 21 05:37:31 PDT 2006

> The current status is visible from the Wiki web page, and from the
> dsource bindings repository. In summary:

Sorry just seen this page from one of other posts in this thread.

> * Almost everything included by windows.h has now been converted. The
> only exceptions are the rpc stuff, which requires a big chunk of the COM
> code to be converted.

Then this is a massive chunk done, but COM is a dog to work with in any
language, so converting this might be challenging to say the least ;)

> * Some of the macros and bit fields in structs haven't been converted
> yet -- but most have.

Is this due to being complicated or just a lower priority?

> * It's not very well tested yet.
Difficult to test I guess without much to test against a kind of chicken
and egg situation

> * I believe that it's very close to being a viable alternative to the
> Windows header in Phobos. Almost all of the functions in Phobos are
> included.

Pure D Headers would be useful and a good stead for building a GUI toolkit?

I take it all the blanks on the wiki are todo?
Is it just a case of editing wiki where I take a file?

DBloke