My silly game

Tom S h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl
Thu Apr 27 15:56:24 PDT 2006

At my univ we've been doing presentations for the 'English for
Information Technology' course. Students have grouped into teams of 2 or
3 persons and we chose some topics to present. Me and my friend were
lucky to talk about computer games. To accompany the presentation, I
made a simple game in D. It's a combination of Die-Hard and quiz games :)

The name of the game is STFU, which obviously means 'Shoot That Fat Uncle'.

here's the download link:
http://www.mat.uni.torun.pl/~h3r3tic/STFU.zip

and a screenshot:
http://www.mat.uni.torun.pl/~h3r3tic/STFU_shot.png

The .zip archive contains the full source code (You'll need Build 2.09,
DMD.154 and Derelict to compile it yourself) and binary versions for
Windows and Linux. The linux version was compiled on SuSE and it
requires you to have OpenGL, GLU, SDL, SDL_mixer, SDL_ttf and DevIL
runtimes (.so files)

The game has been completed in under a week (some source has been taken
from my other D projects) so not much testing was done. It worked on 90%
of test platforms, showing weird problems on one system with GeForce7800
and one ATI x1800. That's yet to be debugged. But it ran fine on
platforms ranging from SiS and Intel graphics cards, thru Riva TNT to
GF5 series.
If you experience any problems, please send your hardware specifications
and a description of the problem to the email: h3r3tic xx o2 xx pl

During most of the game you're supposed to shoot the guys that give bad
answers to questions. You shoot with your left mouse button, reload with
the right.
The faces of ingame characters are the faces of folks from my univ
stolen completely with no permission but laughed over ;)

Enjoy :D

--

Tomasz Stachowiak  /+ a.k.a. h3r3tic +/