DMD 0.155 release

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Apr 28 01:15:28 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

(or http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html#new0155,
to avoid all that scrolling when one reads this later...)

> # Removed std.recls, instead use http://synesis.com.au/software/recls/.

This will also avoid the C++ requirement for building Phobos,
while still allowing you to get a new version of recls later.

It also works around the "documentation issue" of std.recls.

Now all we need is an upgrade for zlib: 1.2.1 -> 1.2.3
http://www.zlib.net/zlib123.zip

I believe the current version has some security problems...
http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/238678
http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/680620
Or has these been patched in the DMD version of zlib 1.2.1 ?

But it looks like a solid update, let's see if we can
upgrade GDC with all of them since it's at DMD 140 now.

--anders