ANNOUNCEMENT: GNU-D opens up shop

kris foo at bar.com
Fri Apr 28 19:27:06 PDT 2006

Boris Wang wrote:
> Without GNU, Without the miracle of Linux, Apache, Firefox.
>
> We need a miracle of D, and GNU can make it.
>

> "Hasan Aljudy" <hasan.aljudy at gmail.com>
> ??????:e2u4ob$v42$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>
>>I'm not a big fan of GNU, and I don't think that GNU-izing D is for the
>>best interest of the language.
>>Let's be realistic: For D to succeed, it has to be used for commercial
>>projects. The big guys in the market must embrace it.

Perhaps I didn't understand that correctly, but GNU will not bring along
a miracle ... it's a freaking license, for bobs sake.

Willing contributors are what make a difference. Have you contributed
anything significant to D? How about the "gabe" person? Anything there?

All this fuss over a viral license, when those currently writing vast
quantities of useful D libs are making everything completely open?

What on earth is the point to this thread? GNU saves the day? Stallman
saves my Sister?

If you want to get something organized, you're probably gonna need some
respect first. Not some mojo from a book "gabe" just read.

Again, you might consider helping out at dsource instead. Last time I
looked, there were no entrace fees