DMD 0.155 release

Tydr Schnubbis fake at address.dude
Sat Apr 29 02:42:29 PDT 2006

Wang Zhen wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
>
> Thank you, Walter.
> I hope you redistribute windbg in a separate package next time.

The windbg that comes with dmd 0.155 is useless for me, because it runs
so slow it looks like it hangs when I try to run an app with it.  I
didn't change any of it's settings, so it doesn't seem to work out of
the box for me.  Anyone else experienced this?

But windbg 6 (which I got from Microsoft's site) works fine most of the
time.  What exactly am I missing out on by not using the old version?

I've only used it for debugging access violations so far, which seems to
work.  And it opens the source code file and shows in which function the
violation occurred.  Seems that line numbers might be missing, since it
only show which function call (call stack), not the exact line in that
function.

It would be really nice to have some recommandations for how to use
windbg, pros and cons for each version etc.  Other than the windbg 6
tutorial link (
http://mtaulty.com/blog/(e4b1ut55q0wf0545z043zsm5)/archive/2004/08/03/608.aspx
).

Would be even nicer if the D runtime would print line numbers itself on
access violations. Or a full stack trace. :)