Java2D III

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Thu Aug 3 08:42:14 PDT 2006

xs0 wrote:
> BLS wrote:
>>   tokenNames[LITERAL_synchronized]="synchronized";
>
> when used with an expression, it's the same as in D, but can also be a
> modifier for functions. With non-static methods,
>
> synchronized func()
> {
> }
>
> becomes
>
> func()
> {
>     synchronized(this) {
>     }
> }

Actually, that Java code can be converted directly to D, as D support
synchronized methos. And yes it's not clearly documented, the only
reference to that is in:  http://www.digitalmars.com/d/overview.html,
Synchronization.

> With static methods, its synchronized(ClassName.class) in Java, I'm not
> sure whether something similar can be used in D (is TypeInfo an object
> or a struct?)

It also works with static methods in D. It is synchronized on
this.classinfo , which is the equivalent of Java's ClassName.class .

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student