mozplugged

John Demme me at teqdruid.com
Wed Aug 9 07:44:40 PDT 2006

bobef wrote:

> mozplugged is mozilla plugin that acts as a wrapper to load D plugins.
> I wrote this for the XUL port of my rulesPlayer, but now I am having
> second thoughts about Mozilla's XUL (the API sucks ass, slow, buggy) and
> I think am not going to develop it further. So am posting the source if
> anyone is interested in writing plugins for mozilla in D. It don't have
> any dependencies and some classes (NPObject, NPVariant, NPIdentifier)
> are nice wrapped in D. I haven't tested it under linux but it would take
> an hour or two port.
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/rulesplayer/wiki/mozplugged_home

I've been reading about XPCOM since I'm planning on writing a GUI app, and
want to use Gecko to render a ton of stuff.  Does the dplug part of
mozplugged allow me to interface with XPCOM, or is more work required to do
that?

BTW- I've been using XUL professionally, and after a few months with it,
we've decided to ditch it in favor of HTML with javascript... I'm no longer
a fan of XUL either.

--
~John Demme
me at teqdruid.com