GDC D compiler for PocketPCs is here!

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 01:28:55 PDT 2006

I've finally managed to get this cross-compiler to make a working "hello
world" program that runs on my PDA.  The source for the program is follows:

import std.file;

void main()
{
     std.file.write( "doutput.txt", "Hello world!" );
}

I have uploaded more information, the sources, and the binaries to a
temporary file sharing place at the following URL:
http://www.bigupload.com/d=F902F09C

I am hoping someone will hook me up with dedicated hosting for this.
I'm also hoping this can be merged into the main GDC sources at some
point.

It is probably very buggy now, and I haven't tested very much of it at
all.  I'll be trying to get it up to v0.19 (it's GDC 0.18 now) in a
while, and debug what I can.  I can probably debug Phobos stuff, but the
compiler errors are a bit much for me.

Enjoy.