GDC D compiler for PocketPCs is here!

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 10:49:28 PDT 2006

Manfred Hansen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have try to compile
> void main() {}
>
> but i get the following error message:
> hansen at manni-lx:~/dd$ arm-wince-pe-gdc hello_arm.d -o hello_arm
> /tmp/ccx3xcRb.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:6: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
> /tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:7: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `@'
> /tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:8: Error: too many memory references for `mov'
> /tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:9: Error: no such instruction: `stmfd sp!,{fp,ip,lr,pc}'
> /tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:10: Error: too many memory references for `sub'
> /tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:11: Error: no such instruction: `bl __gccmain'
> /tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:12: Error: expecting operand after ','; got nothing
> /tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:13: Error: too many memory references for `mov'
> /tmp/ccx3xcRb.s:14: Error: no such instruction: `ldmfd sp,{fp,sp,pc}'
>
> Under debian sarge and under ubuntu 6.0.6
> I have copy the arm-wince-pe directory to /usr/local and i have extended
> the PATH Variavble.
>
> Manfred

Argh, I can't replicate it, even when I move it my other system.  The
catch is that I've used both systems to develop this, so maybe there is
a missing dependency that I don't know about.

Btw, I compiled and used this on kubuntu 6.0.6.  The other system is
coLinux running Debian.

In a while I'll make another coLinux Debian w/ fresh filesystem, and see
how that goes.

Those error messages look like the ones I got when the arm-wince-pe
assembler was given x86 assembly code.