GDC install binary (OSX)

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Aug 12 02:03:31 PDT 2006

Fredrik Olsson wrote:

> As gdcmac.sourceforge.net links to dgcc.sourceforge.net for the
> Universal binary for Tiger I guess this is the "recomended"
> distribution, and that the user friendly packages are gone :(.

It's not gone forever, it was just "gone fishing" :-)

Seriously, I'm right in the middle of the process of
upgrading from Panther to Tiger which is why there the
packages from Mac OS X 10.3 and none for Mac OS X 10.4.

I'm sure you've read all about the problems with Tiger
elsewhere, so I won't bore everyone with the details here.
But about my only reason for upgrading is the Intel macs...

Anyway, there will be a four-way Universal build for 10.4
that allows you to build binaries both to and from X86/PPC.
(with the 32/64-bit, Apple is now up to Quad binaries even!)

> A README in the distrubution would be nice, and Anders; please continue
> providing the install packages. It is a great way to also install the
> Xcode support.

I will make a temporary release of the separate PPC/X86 builds,
while I tweak the last remaining bugs of the "universal" one...

I think the Xcode support will go separate, just to get it out.
This build will be done with the Xcode 2.3, don't trust 2.4 yet.

--anders