refined sugar (was DMD 0.165 release)

Russ Lewis spamhole-2001-07-16 at deming-os.org
Tue Aug 22 11:26:27 PDT 2006

kris wrote:
> # somefunk ({++i});

I'm a big fan of this syntax, since we (or, at least, I) already
associate {} with "block of code".

I'm very excited about this development (even without any explicit
syntax) but I, too, worry about ambiguities.  My gut says that if we
don't make this explicit, we're going to be bitten by it later, when
somebody stumbles upon some strange circumstance where the situation is
truly *ambiguous*, or -worse yet- the code does something different than
what would seem to be the obvious thing.  We don't have the example
yet...but if we omit the explicit syntax, then it's going to be hard to
fix when we find those examples.