New D coding convention style guide (brace formatting)

Charles D Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 23 13:11:55 PDT 2006

Kristian wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:41:01 +0300, Charles D Hixson
> <charleshixsn at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>>> Walter Bright wrote:

> Well, if you like to see an uncommon case (I think), here's a one,
> heheh. It's the one I prefer:
>
> if(b) {
>     dg();
>     return true;
>     }
>

> Before you feel sorry for me, there is a point for using it, and it is
I don't feel sorry for you.  I consider it largely a matter of
taste (though I couldn't use yours).  The point of my system
is "brackets should line up vertically!".  I'll admit,
however, that I can't quite figure out how switch/case
statements should be handled using my preferred approach.
I dither between at least two choices.  (Partially because I
don't use them very often.