DMD 0.166 release

Oskar Linde olREM at OVEnada.kth.se
Thu Aug 31 15:50:48 PDT 2006

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:

> "Kirk McDonald" <kirklin.mcdonald at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ed7ddg$6r2$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>
>> Nice. I'll have to play with the improved IFTI support.
>>

> Hm.  I missed this new feature.  What does it include?  There's not even a
> link to a conversation, and I don't remember any threads about this.

It is really just a small patch that enables implicit function template
instantiation for member function and operator templates. It should work
identically to how IFTI works for free functions.

It should open up quite a few door. Here is a quick demo I hacked together
of how compile time dimensionality checking can be implemented:

http://www.csc.kth.se/~ol/physical.d

/Oskar