OT: The major TIOBE trends (was) Re: Tiobe's index for December

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at nospam.org
Mon Dec 4 01:27:53 PST 2006

Tiberiu Gal wrote:
> http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm
>
> D is #14 now, but the good part that it's credited as a mainstream language
> (see the status: A--)
>
> good work, thanks to everyone :)

Like everybody knows, Google &co modified their algorithms in early
2004, which resulted in the Tiobe chart looking like an inkblot. It took
some 18 months for everything to return to normal. I had to edit it to
see what's there, so I attached it here for you guys.

It looks like Java, C and C++ are determined to make room for D!!!

My apologies to those who are on a modem line and still read OT labelled
posts. ;-)