rulesPlayer 0.84

Daniel Keep daniel.keep+lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 19:09:37 PST 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:
> bobef wrote:
>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/rulesplayer
>>
>> some nice new stuff and some bug fixes
>> only one major problem is left - playing internet files
>> i have the feeling i've broken something though...
>

> Not bad.  Lightweight, no crazy, hard-to-comprehend 'skinz', and fast
> startup.
>
> The default brightness setting looks to be off thought.  If brightness
> is turned down to zero the output looks like other media players.  The
> default makes everything look all white-washed.
>
> One small annoyance -- with a dual monitor setup the window starts up
> straddling the two screens.  At least it would be nice if rulesplayer
> would remember where it was between runs.
>
> --bb

I haven't gotten the download yet, but I think I know what the issue is.
  If you're going to start up a window "centered" then you need to place
it in the center of the primary monitor only.  I know there's an API to
get the extents of the system monitors.

That, or you can let Windows do the initial positioning itself.  The
upshot of this is that Windows will automatically position the window on
the same monitor as the window you launched the program from.

When in doubt, let the system figure it out :3

	-- Daniel