dmdfe / dflect update

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas at famolsen.dk
Thu Dec 7 17:06:26 PST 2006

bls wrote:

> Hmmmm,
> Tomas  Having fun in finding a special solution for a special problem
> is pretty okay, but who can participate and enjoy in this case?
> Still, where is the pragmatic : This is good for ....
>
> Bjoern

Ben Hinkle who originally made it describes it like this:

"The dmdfe program consists of the Digital Mars D compiler frontend
with the backend hooks stubbed out. The goal is to make it easy to
write tools that can parse and do basic semantics analysis on D code."

That's really all there is to it. It *might* be useless for real world
stuff, but I found it interesting none the less. Someone else might as
well - which is why I decided to announce it.