rulesPlayer 0.84

Julio César Carrascal Urquijo jcesar at phreaker.net
Thu Dec 7 18:26:34 PST 2006

Max Bolingbroke wrote:
> Yeah, this fixes all my problems :-). Weird, since the subtitles I was
> using are in SSA format I would have expected this to just happen.
> Anyway, thanks a lot Julio!

Cool. I find MPlayer to be the best player ever written for Windows and
Linux but the defaults are somewhat strange sometimes.

I guess it is disabled by default for performance reasons but the option
should be more visible in the documentation.

Other commands you should take a look at are:

-sub-fuzziness 2
Loads all subtitles in the folder and you can select which one to
display using the J key. Useful if you have English and Spanish
subtitles in the same folder.

-vf screenshot
To allow taking screenshots of the movie (With the S key). Otherwise the
screenshot will only show the video overlay.

-subfont-text-scale 5 (default subtitles)
-ffactor 1 (For -ass)
I find the default font size a too big. This reduces the scaling factor
a bit.

-idx
Re-indexes a damaged movie to allow scrolling.