Compile-time perversions on WWWEP

John S. Skogtvedt jss2k2 at chello.no
Fri Dec 8 06:18:43 PST 2006

Stewart Gordon skrev:
> A few of you may have already seen WWWEP, through the occasional threads
> here about quines or otherwise.  Now there's a new section on
> compile-time perversions like the kind we've talked about here.
>
> http://smjg.port5.com/wwwep/ctp/
>
> You'll notice that most of them are by no means new ideas, but the code
> is 100% my work.
>
> Stewart.

Just to mention another example of compile-time perversions, a month ago
I posted a brainfuck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainfuck) "compiler"
using D templates (each BF command is expanded into a function call).

If anyone is interested do a search for "brainf..." in D.learn or see
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D.learn&article_id=5158

(I later changed it so it would work with larger BF programs as well, I
got a huge mandelbrot program to run 1-2 seconds slower than the
translated-into-C-and-compiled version. The compilation was very slow
and used lots of memory though.)