rulesPlayer 0.84

renoX renosky at free.fr
Sat Dec 9 02:04:19 PST 2006

bobef a écrit :
> bobef wrote:
>> renoX wrote:
>>>
>>> Curious: on my PC, AVG didn't complain.
>>>
>>> I like this player: very simple to use.
>>>
>>> I have some small annoyances with it:
>>> - There is no play/pause when I click on the window.
>>> I've tried adding in config.kfg bind mouse1 "@pause" without success.
>>>
>>> - When I pause with the spacebar, it 'stay paused': when I press the
>>> spacebar again to make it play again, it plays just a few frames and
>>> then it pause again.
>>>
>>> - it cannot open files with an accent in the filename on my PC (I've
>>> opened a topic on the subject in the forum).
>>>

>>> But it's still quite good: very usable skin.
>>>
>>> renoX
>>
>> Hmm... Weird... Just checked and you are right... Maybe I broke
>> something cause it was working a while ago. I will fix it...
>
> If you your binding in the config while player is running it will be
> replaced when you quit, so type "bind mouse1 @pause" (w/o quotes) in the
> console. It will fix the mouse1 problem.

Thanks for your answer: now mouse1 indeed pause the screen.
I don't know why the first time it didn't work: I did modify config.kfg
while rulesPlayer was off, maybe it was the quotes around @pause, but
this seems strange as all the other entries have quotes, and now the
entry have also quotes around @pause (added by the player at exit I
think), oh well, it's working now, thanks, maybe you could change the
default configuration file in the package?

Now that mouse1 works, I don't care much about the 'spacebar stay
paused' bug, your player just became my default player, thanks!

Funnily there is another bug opposite to the 'stay paused with the
spacebar bug': when you're in pause mode and you use the left arrow to
the current mode: play mode if it used to play, pause mode if it was in
pause mode..

Your player is better than mediaplayer classic as the user can easily
adjust the colors, but worse as he cannot zoom easily like with
mediaplayer classic.

For the bugs, do you prefer, entries in the forum or in the ticket system?

Regards,
renoX