rulesPlayer 0.84

bobef be at lessequal_dontspam.com
Sat Dec 9 03:27:40 PST 2006

> Thanks for your answer: now mouse1 indeed pause the screen.
> I don't know why the first time it didn't work: I did modify config.kfg
> while rulesPlayer was off, maybe it was the quotes around @pause, but
> this seems strange as all the other entries have quotes, and now the
> entry have also quotes around @pause (added by the player at exit I
> think), oh well, it's working now, thanks, maybe you could change the
> default configuration file in the package?

It is in the default config. I investigated and it was a typo that was
causing the problem (mouse1dbd instead of mouse1dbl)... Quotes are used
as on the command line, i.e. take bind for example. It is taking 2
parameters - one for the key and one for the command but if you want
command that is not just "pause" but say "yell HELLO!" you have to write
"bind x yell HELLO!" which becomes 3 parameters so you quote the yell
command and everything in the quotes is parameter 2 like this "bind x
"yell HELLo!"", so when you press x you will see a message box (useless
really:)

> Now that mouse1 works, I don't care much about the 'spacebar stay
> paused' bug, your player just became my default player, thanks!
>
> Funnily there is another bug opposite to the 'stay paused with the
> spacebar bug': when you're in pause mode and you use the left arrow to
> the current mode: play mode if it used to play, pause mode if it was in
> pause mode..

Yeah I think so too but this is up to MPlayer, and it isn't working as
documented on this matter...

> Your player is better than mediaplayer classic as the user can easily
> adjust the colors, but worse as he cannot zoom easily like with
> mediaplayer classic.

For now you can just resize the window to the size you want... I will
think about zooming...

> For the bugs, do you prefer, entries in the forum or in the ticket system?

Please use the forum, I added few entries to the ticket system but it
seems useless now because I am the only developer on the project...

Thank you for your interest in my player. I will answer in the forum but
currently I can't open dsource.org...
-bobef