Compile-time perversions on WWWEP

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 05:24:35 PST 2006

Don Clugston wrote:
<snip>
> The '99 bottles of beer' song is incorrect. The last six lines should read:
> ---
> Take one down and pass it around,
> no more bottles of beer on the wall.
>
> No more bottles of beer on the wall,
> no more bottles of beer.
> Go to the store and buy some more,
> 99 bottles of beer on the wall.
> ---

As with many playground songs (if that's the right term), there are a
number of versions in circulation.  See also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99_Bottles_of_Beer

Are you assuming yours is the only correct one because it's on the front
page of the 99 bottles website, or have you other evidence?

In my collection I have a Befunge version with " no more beer..." as the
last line.  I'm not sure where I got it from....

> Note that on the 99 bottles of beer website, the C preprocessor version
> is incorrect, too (it gets the second last verse wrong).

It took me a moment to figure what you were supposed to do with the
first of these.  DMC doesn't appear to have an option to do just the
preprocessing.  Borland cpp32 (version 5.2) works, but generates loads
of blank lines.  But I can't at the moment see what you're claiming is
wrong with it.

Stewart.