DMD 0.177 release

Kirk McDonald kirklin.mcdonald at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 18:08:53 PST 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:
> There's also the consistency issue, that if construction is done with
> 'this()' for classes it should be done with 'this()' for structs.

One issue I have with allowing struct constructors is that the existence
of struct constructors implies the existence of struct destructors. Do
we really want to go that far? Though "static opCall" doesn't scream
"constructor," it also doesn't seem to imply the user could define a
destructor. I submit that "this()" would.

--
Kirk McDonald
Pyd: Wrapping Python with D