DMD 0.177 release

Pragma ericanderton at yahoo.removeme.com
Mon Dec 11 07:57:25 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> More ABI changes, and implicit [] => * no longer allowed.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
>
> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.175.zip

Walter, this is a great update.  Especially the removal of the implicit
cast for array pointers.

But I'd like to echo the other comments in this thread regarding
structs.  IMO, we're not there yet.  I think folks are looking for a
solution that does this:

- A ctor like syntax for creating a new struct
- No more forced copy of the entire struct on creation
- Something that is disambiguated from static opCall
- Ctors that are as clear to read as this() in classes and modules.

Again, thanks for the solid push to 1.0 this month.  I'm sure we haven't
seen anything yet.

--
- EricAnderton at yahoo