DMD 0.177 release

Alexander Panek a.panek at brainsware.org
Tue Dec 12 08:06:02 PST 2006

Ivan Senji wrote:
> Boris Kolar wrote:
>> PS: I really appreciate all the work that has been put in D. D is going
>> to be a much needed successor of C++. I don't see D as competitor to
>> Java or C# (I think that when using .NET or JVM is an option, D would
>> be a terrible choice), but it sure can rock the non-VM world!
>
> Why not? I think that D could rock the .NET world too. I always wished
> (and still do) for a d.net implementation.

.NET is not the solution for all problems. There will be other library
approaches that maybe even perform better and use features of D that
make it like .NET on steroids. I bet after some time of an official,
fixed D 1.0 specification, there will some libraries pop up that may
serve needs like .NET or J2EE and what not do, also.

Apart from that.. hey, you're posting this in the official D newsgroup ;) .

Kind regards,
Alex