From the Department of Insane Ideas: D on the JVM

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Dec 13 13:58:22 PST 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:

>> PS. Quotes from http://www.zentus.com/nestedvm/ and their NestedVM.pdf
>
> First off, for the skeptical: While all those quotes are true, it isn't
> as bad as it seems. It compiles the actual code to Java bytecodes, so
> it's not a virtual /execution/ environment, just virtual memory and a
> virtual syscall handler.

I actually thought "was that all there was to it" and that it sounded
easy, sorry if it sounded bad in any way. Patches to GDC were minimal*.

I thought the virtual execution environment of the JVM was a feature :-)
Somehow the idea of running a virtual OS in a virtual VM is hilarious.

Running through your installation, just installing darcs and ghc first.
(not sure if it's needed but seemed to be, so I use MacPorts to install)

--anders

* it probably could be cut down a bit, once the autoconf stuff is fixed.