PDF version of D manuals

Fri Dec 15 09:57:24 PST 2006

BCS wrote:
> Thanks all for the help! I'm no TeX grue, I just use the stuff. I'll be trying the
> stuff posted soon.

I've updated my tabularx code to use tabulary, result is attached.
I've also made tables with lines, but it seems tabulary doesn't work
quite right with \texttt in a column; the two longest items in type.d's
first table get a line through the last character :(.

I used a bit of a hack to get horizontal lines to work right. This was
needed because my TD macro appends a & at the end of the text, so an
extra column needs to be generated. The TABLE macro now (re)defines
\horizline to \cline{1-$1}, i.e. a horizontal line over the first N
columns. TR then executes this command.
BUG: this probably breaks nested tables unless they use the same number
of columns :(.

> BTW I have about 15 files converted to DDoc but a little more than half of them
> need find/replace tweaking to escape things like "size_t" -> "size\_t". Anyway,
> things progress!

Yeah, I imagine that automatic sed-like replacement you proposed to
Walter would be quite handy there...