DMD 0.177 release

Lionello Lunesu lio at lunesu.remove.com
Wed Dec 20 03:17:18 PST 2006

Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website for Email) wrote:
> Kevin Bealer wrote:
>> == Quote from Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email)
>>> That remains to be seen, but I think the buck stops at functions. The
>>> problem of duplicating templates for inout (lvalues) and rvalues
>>> stays, but I have an idea about that, that I might tell about
>>> tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> Did you ever work out how to do this lvalue/rvalue idea?

<snip>

I'd like "auto" to appear on more places as it will make templates more
accessible than ever before. For example, this notation has been
suggested a couple of times:

void func(auto x) { }

I feel confident that having you and Walter on the issue, we should have
a nice solution in no-time :)

Sarbatori fericite!

L.

I'm actually leaving Romania to go to the Netherlands :)