std.stdio.write, writeln, fwrite, fwriteln

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Dec 28 12:34:55 PST 2006

Sean Kelly wrote:

>> ... because Mac OS X 10.3 / GCC 3.3 doesn't support
>> templates fully, and GDC uses that for the TypeInfo...
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.  I couldn't remember why the workarounds
> were necessary.

I've worked on a back-port from Apple's GCC (which *does*
support one-only linkage) to FSF GCC 3.3 (which doesn't),
but haven't been able to get it out of the crashing stage.

Then again, Intel Macs has made it (10.3) obsolete anyway.

--anders

PS. http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/gcc-3.3.6-linkonce.patch
     (If you can make it work, please follow up to D.gnu!)