Helix and CanDyDOC release

Victor Nakoryakov nail-mail at mail.ru
Wed Feb 22 15:05:09 PST 2006

pragma wrote:
> In article <dti0su$2b9i$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Victor Nakoryakov says...
>
>>Hi all.
>>
>>I've upload something named Helix recently. Actualy this is two projects. First
>>is Helix itself - applied mathematics routines library. It's small right now,
>>but will grow with time.
>>
>>The second thing is something that I hope will be intresting for biger audience:
>>CanDyDOC. It is a set of .ddoc, .js and other files that provides ability to
>>generate advanced documentation htmls.
>>
>>Learn more at http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki and
>>http://trac.dsource.org/projects/helix/wiki/CandyDoc
>>
>>There are few bugs in CanDyDOC and there are not all features I planned to do
>>are done. So for now CanDyDOC is my first priority. Any ideas and proposals are
>>welcome in project's forum.
>>
>>--
>>Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
>>nail-mail[at]mail.ru
>>
>>Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russi
>

> Victor, I like the screenshots, and the .ddoc code is really quite
> self-explanitory.  Plus your HTML/JS/CSS code is impeccable.  Great Job!

Thanx

> Out of curiosity, do you have any ideas or concepts as how to handle
> cross-references within .ddoc generated documentation?  I've traveled all the
> way down the XML/XSLT data path from .ddoc to get something hacked together, but
> maybe you have a more elegant solution in mind?

I have clean vision on how to done something like 'bla bla bla see also
$(REF mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod)'. It can be acheived with
some js tricks, and it is planned to done in next versions. Or did you
mean something else like automatic reference in comments like 'bla bla
bla see also mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod', if so I have no ideas.

> - Eric Anderton at yahoo

BTW. I think automatic references and decisions are evil. In practice of
documenting few thouthands lines of code I noticed that in 90% of cases
I have to prepend words that is the same as currently described
declaration name with _ to avoid their's highlighting. I think it is
better to explicitly specify that I want word highlighting with macro or
with enclosing it in backquotes for example.

--
Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
nail-mail [at] mail.ru

Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russia