Helix and CanDyDOC release

pragma pragma_member at pathlink.com
Wed Feb 22 15:35:42 PST 2006

In article <dtiqmf$alg$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Victor Nakoryakov says...

>pragma wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, do you have any ideas or concepts as how to handle
>> cross-references within .ddoc generated documentation?  I've traveled all the
>> way down the XML/XSLT data path from .ddoc to get something hacked together, but
>> maybe you have a more elegant solution in mind?
>
>I have clean vision on how to done something like 'bla bla bla see also
>$(REF mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod)'. It can be acheived with
>some js tricks, and it is planned to done in next versions. Or did you
>mean something else like automatic reference in comments like 'bla bla
>bla see also mypackage.mymodule.myclass.mymethod', if so I have no ideas.
>
>> - Eric Anderton at yahoo
>
>BTW. I think automatic references and decisions are evil. In practice of
>documenting few thouthands lines of code I noticed that in 90% of cases
>I have to prepend words that is the same as currently described
>declaration name with _ to avoid their's highlighting. I think it is
>better to explicitly specify that I want word highlighting with macro or
>with enclosing it in backquotes for example.

Actually I was referring to something more like what javadoc output does, where
each platform and user defined type (in method signatures and declarations) is a
link to the referenced type.  I've learned that the ddoc output scheme makes
this a very hard problem to solve, and I was curious if you'd given it any
thought.

- Eric Anderton at yahoo