Helix and CanDyDOC release

Victor Nakoryakov nail-mail at mail.ru
Thu Feb 23 02:46:08 PST 2006

Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:

> Maybe Walter could help here. It's pretty trivial task to do when you
> have all the symbol tables, etc. at hand when generating the
> documentation code. Otherwise you're going to end up doing a separate
> frontend for docs.

Looks like it is an only simple (for us, not Walter :)) way to acomplish
this. So it is necessary to have some implicit macro:

1) $(DDOC_LOOKUP MyFunction) should be expanded to something like
mypackage.mymodule.MyTemplate.MyType.MyFunction.N where this path is
full path to symbol passed as argument in current context and N is
number of overload.

2) There should be redefinable macro $(DDOC_BACKQUOTE arg) which should
be expanded when we enclose some expression (arg) in backuotes.

3) All types that are used in declarations should be implictly backuoted.

Realising this 3 requests will lead to our problem solving. But for now
full-featured cross references is realy big task.

--
Victor (aka nail) Nakoryakov
nail-mail [at] mail.ru

Krasnoznamensk, Moscow, Russia