DMD 0.148 release

bobef bobef at lessequal.com
Sun Feb 26 01:21:52 PST 2006

Derek Parnell wrote:

> In other words, is the 'bool' a
> mistake and really meant 'int'? Because the use of 1 in this way is
> ambiguous it ought to be made cleaner / clearer to future maintainers.

I think this is the case. In programming when one says bool, he actually
means int... So I believe making it real bool is something we don't
need, because it works just fine this way. What we have to do (maybe, I
don't need it personally) is to think of new name for a type which is
true relative to non zero and false relative to zero... Then it will
work with the current state of programming languages and will not
conflict with the name bool. Although in computers many words are uses
with different meaning... I don't know... I lost the original thought
already...